Setting Goals and making a Budget:
Setting our financial goals puts you in charge – whether those goals are short or long term, small or large. Whatever they are, having goals gives you something to aim for. Making a spending plan ( budget) helps you achieve them. By setting realistic goals and a budget, you start to bring your goals within reach. This Sorted session will introduce participants to setting goals and making a budget.
Dialling up a KiwiSaver:
KiwiSaver is a great deal, helping many of us get ahead and better off in retirement. But there is some tweaking to do – like picking the right fund to be in – in order to get the most out of it. This Sorted session will cover the key ways to optimise participants’ entire KiwiSaver experience and get the best results.
Getting our money sorted can make an amazing difference to our lives, and it can be easier than we might think – especially when we have a little help. This “Getting ahead” session will introduce participants to three main things to do to get sorted financially: sorting our money, tackling debt and seeing our future.
Thinking about retirement is the first step you need to take to achieve the lifestyle you want when you’re no longer working. But what else do you need to do? Getting out of debt and saving for the long term will both help you to be better off in your retirement. This Sorted session introduces you to retirement planning.
Saving and Investing:
Learning to save regularly is a big step towards getting ahead financially, and it can also help you get those things you want. And saving is the gateway to investing – making your money work for you so that it either provides you with an income or increases in value (or both!). This Sorted session will introduce participants to the basic principles for saving and investing.
It’s good to be able to borrow money. It can help you buy things like a house or a business, or to get an education. But sometimes it can turn into a real drag on our finances. This Sorted session will introduce participants to managing debt well.
SORTED IN THE WORKPLACE
CAP MONEY COURSE
This FREE CAP Money Course is simple, flexible and effective; the three-session course, complete with DVD tutorials, includes:
1. Building a budget using our online tool: You’ll take a good look at where your finances are right now and use this information to build your own balanced, sustainable budget. Our free, online tool makes the process simple and gives you clarity around your budget immediately!
2. Implementing the CAP Money system: This system will simplify your accounting and help make your budget work day-to-day. It operates using three accounts for your money: a regular payments account, a cash account and a savings account.
3. Learning to live on cash: By putting away the credit cards and spending only the cash you have budgeted for week-to-week, you’ll see how you really can get your finances under control.
4. Ongoing support: Each session is facilitated by trained CAP Money Coaches who are there to answer your questions, help you build your budget and brainstorm ways to earn more, spend less and save for the future!
5. CAP Money courses are run in conjunction with a local Church. Sylvia runs her CAP Money Courses under the partnership of Golden Sands Baptist Church in Papamoa, Tauranga