WHAT IS MONEYCOACHING ?
My MONEYCOACHING philosophy is guided by two words, coaching and facilitation and a proverb “Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime.”
According to the dictionary, a coach is a trainer, guide, teacher, instructor, and tutor. A Facilitator is someone who enables a process to happen, especially somebody who encourages people to find their own solutions to problems or tasks.
The Commission For Financial Capability states “Facilitation is the art, not of putting ideas into people’s heads, but of drawing ideas out.” – Anon
I see MONEYCOACHING as a partnership between myself and you. You are not a client, a customer or a student, you are a participant. You are someone who is going to take part (participate) in MONEYCOACHING with me to enable you to move forward financially. I will coach you to get from where ever you are right now to where you want to go.
I can facilitate/coach individuals, couples or groups of all ages.
What will getting ahead financially (or becoming more financially capable) look like to you?
My definition of financial capability aligns with the Commission For Financial Capability. They define financial capability as the ability to make informed judgements and effective decisions regarding the use and management of money. It is about having financial knowledge, and the understanding, confidence and motivation to make and implement financial judgments and decisions.
It could be:
- Learning how to set and achieve financial goals
- Increased confidence, competence and coping skills
- Robust financial decisions-making skills
- Effective management of finances including savings within your income
- Smart use of debt or tackling unmanageable debt
- Thinking of ways to generate income
- How to create a spending plan
- How to create an easy money management system
- Learn how to communicate with your Whanau or partner about money
- Retirement planning
- Reduce stress
- Understanding how your money personality may influence you financially
- Understanding how the basic of investing work
My coaching will be guided using Sorted material and tools to provide you unbiased education to enable you to make informed decisions. I do not sell or recommend any products as part of the coaching process; therefore I am able to be unbiased.
The MONEYCOACHING I offer is impartial money education.
Participants are advised to seek independent professional advice when making decisions re investment advice, financial planning, insurance etc. MONEYCOACHING will give you the knowledge so you can confidently talk with providers of insurance, mortgages, financial planning, investing etc.